application time & grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikejhl

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
mikejhl said:
i want to submit my app as early as possible, but am going to retake some classes this summer and would like them on my transcript so my gpa is higher. should i just apply with my transcript as-is and tell them i am currently taking classes, or should i wait to apply and have my final grades up. the difference is going to put me from a 2.95 to a 3.1... ?? i am taking the mcat in 2.5 weeks, so any help is GOOD. thanks!

You have to list the classes on your transcript, the ones you are currently taking, and any that you plan to take prior to matriculation. You have a chance to include the grades later.

scpod said:
You have to list the classes on your transcript, the ones you are currently taking, and any that you plan to take prior to matriculation. You have a chance to include the grades later.
The last sentence isn't true (assuming scpod is talking about the amcas). You can't add grades to your amcas after you submit.

Submit during the early Summer. Waiting for spring grades is fine, but waiting for summer grades means pushing your app back too much.

mikejhl said:
i want to apply to DO schools...does this change anything??

i know that i can say on my app that i am currently retaking classes, but when will they get added in??
DO schools have a slightly later time frame, so you may be okay with waiting for Summer grades.