Application Time Line and Studying Abroad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adlogin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to study abroad from 7/1 - 8/10 this year. I'm applying for my first time to dental school as soon as the application opens up to 20-30 schools. I will have internet access abroad. Will I be able to study abroad? When would I write secondaries or interview? I don't quite know how the process works yet.
I don't want to sacrifice my chances at dental schools. So, does anybody have experiences with this kind of situation?
Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools do not conduct interviews until late august or later. Even if you happen to get an invite while you are away, you could request a later date.

when do you plan on taking the DAT?

and why are you planning to apply to 20-30 schools :confused:

Some schools start interviewing as early as August (i.e. CWRU) or July. Columbia starts interviewing very early as well. Sometimes you have to send stuff via snail mail. Figure out how you would do that while you're away. Look at the interview/acceptance thread and figure out what school you want to apply to and how early they start interviewing people. VCU doesn't start interviewing until September.

Members don't see this ad :)
I already took my DAT. I'm applying to so many schools, since I have a low PAT score and all my other stats are just average for matriculates.
Is it possible to reschedule interviews for a later date if I were offered one while I was still abroad?

I already took my DAT. I'm applying to so many schools, since I have a low PAT score and all my other stats are just average for matriculates.
Is it possible to reschedule interviews for a later date if I were offered one while I was still abroad?

For my interview invites I either got to chose the day or accept/reschedule the date offered. So I don't think you will have a problem. I got at 15 PAT and got acceptances from all my interviews so that shouldnt hinder you too much..good luck!

just 1 month? go longer!

I'm planning to study abroad from 7/1 - 8/10 this year. I'm applying for my first time to dental school as soon as the application opens up to 20-30 schools. I will have internet access abroad. Will I be able to study abroad? When would I write secondaries or interview? I don't quite know how the process works yet.
I don't want to sacrifice my chances at dental schools. So, does anybody have experiences with this kind of situation?
Thanks guys!