application time line questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smooth Operater

don't bug "operatEr"!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to sumbit my application as soon as possible next application cycle since I plan traveling down to China on April for 3 months next yr. So, I will be out of the country around the time to apply.

when will the application be available (based on this yr)?

when is the first day that I can mail in my application(based on this yr)?

Once I mailed and sumbitted my application, Is there anything that I need to do from May to Aug?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

when will the application be available (based on this yr)?

around the middle of May 2007

when is the first day that I can mail in my application(based on this yr)?

you don't mail your application, you submit it electronically (e-submit) when you are done filling it out

Once I mailed and sumbitted my application, Is there anything that I need to do from May to Aug?

I'm going to refer you to the reply above. Yes, there is a lot of stuff to do. You're taking that Chinese vacation at a fairly inconvenient time...don't get me wrong...it would be worse to take it after August, but still. Among other things: you need to make sure AAADSAS got all your materials and deal with any problems that occur if they didn't/ You need to send transcripts from all schools after you open your AADSAS application. You need to send all the LORs after you open your Appplication, You need to submit secondaries as they come to you in summer and so on. It's totally possible to do this while out of town, but you'll be running up a phone bill from China.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank dJeffreyt,

but can I mail in my transcript (shouldn't be hard since I only attend one undergrad school) and LOR's (shouldn't be hard since I already got them done for Canadian schools) before the application opens?

Also, do I have to mail in LOR to each school I apply? Or just AAADSAS? Thanks!

Thank dJeffreyt,

but can I mail in my transcript (shouldn't be hard since I only attend one undergrad school) and LOR's (shouldn't be hard since I already got them done for Canadian schools) before the application opens?

Also, do I have to mail in LOR to each school I apply? Or just AAADSAS? Thanks!

ABSOLUTELY DO NOT SEND YOUR TRANSCRIPTS BEFORE THE CYCLE OPENS. If they get them early they will end up in the trash. I'm sure there are a number of people that can share this horror story with you.

ABSOLUTELY DO NOT SEND YOUR TRANSCRIPTS BEFORE THE CYCLE OPENS. If they get them early they will end up in the trash. I'm sure there are a number of people that can share this horror story with you.
I agree, it wouldn't make sense anyway since the transcript and LOR release forms only are available when the cycle begins.

Hello guys, thanks. That is not a problem. I can just get my transcripts ready to go before the cycle opens and ask my mom to mail in when the cycle open. And I can just ask my references to send the letter on the day it opens too.

I heard there is a LOR match form that I can only get after I open an account. Do I must send this in hard copy form? Can I sumbit in on-line. Thanks!

like the big bold red letter says...

You need to give a LOR matching form and a transcript matching form to whomever is going to send your letters and transcripts for you. This matching form has your application information and ID numbers. If theLORs or transcripts don't come with this form, they could easily be lost or trashed cause you're not in the system yet for the coming cycle.

In order to get the matching forms, you must open your application up (in middle of may or so) and then print them out from your application webpage.

Your transcripts MUST come directly from the Registrar. They will not accept transcripts that you mail in. even if they are sealed in their original envelopes.