Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Application timeline

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by heatfan, 05.16.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. heatfan

heatfan

Can someone give me some info on the timeline of applying to med school? I know you should apply during your junior year if you want to go straight in. Like around what time should I take the mcat and when should i begin to study for it? (I'm a sophomore btw) Any advice would be very helpful. Thanks!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Ismet

Ismet PGY-fun SDN Administrator 5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Verified
    Physician
    You can start submitting in June after your junior year. Good time to take the MCAT is in April/May of that year and the amount of time to spend studying is dependent on what else you have going on (school, extracurriculars, etc). I studied for about 4 months, 3 of which I had a full course load so more time was spent on school than MCAT prep.

There are a lot of resources online, especially on SDN, that can help you. Check out the MCAT Discussions forum, there's a study plan by SN2ed that a lot of people follow with success.

About the ads