Application Timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amlope03

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying to MD schools and DO schools this cycle, and I am wondering when is/are the best time(s) to submit my application (as in fully complete)? Any general advice would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

You should have your primary verified and submitted to AMCAS for MD before Labor Day. For DO, you should have your primary verified and sent from AACOMAS before Thanksgiving. Any later for either and you will be at a large disadvantage as most schools have sent out the majority of their interview invites by then.
If you are looking to apply this cycle, you need to hurry.

I'm applying to MD schools and DO schools this cycle, and I am wondering when is/are the best time(s) to submit my application (as in fully complete)? Any general advice would be great!

It's getting late for the MD cycle. Still okay for DO but not ideal. Maybe waiting to submit early next year would be more wise?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I already sent my primaries for MD and I'm now working on my secondaries. I will be sending my primaries for DO very soon.

Reactions: 1 user
I have a similar question- I was AMCAS verified in early august and have been submitting secondaries since then... I also retook my MCAT in early august and received my score 2 days ago. It is better than my first (509 to 513) so I would like to submit to a few more schools, and am wondering whether it's too late to send my AMCAS to more MD schools? THANK YOU in advance for any advice... I'd also appreciate if any mods would mind weighing in @gyngyn @WedgeDawg @Ismet @Lucca

I have a similar question- I was AMCAS verified in early august and have been submitting secondaries since then... I also retook my MCAT in early august and received my score 2 days ago. It is better than my first (509 to 513) so I would like to submit to a few more schools, and am wondering whether it's too late to send my AMCAS to more MD schools? THANK YOU in advance for any advice... I'd also appreciate if any mods would mind weighing in @gyngyn @WedgeDawg @Ismet @Lucca
Your application to the new schools will be received in a single business day.
If you start working on the secondaries now there is still plenty of time for an interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Your application to the new schools will be received in a single business day.
If you start working on the secondaries now there is still plenty of time for an interview.
Thanks!

I am confused by your posts, are you applying to MD, DO and also PT Schools?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does the answer to your question truly pertain to this post?