Jun 22, 2017
Status
Physical Therapy Student
I'm applying to MD schools and DO schools this cycle, and I am wondering when is/are the best time(s) to submit my application (as in fully complete)? Any general advice would be great!

bears1992

2+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2017
Status
Medical Student
You should have your primary verified and submitted to AMCAS for MD before Labor Day. For DO, you should have your primary verified and sent from AACOMAS before Thanksgiving. Any later for either and you will be at a large disadvantage as most schools have sent out the majority of their interview invites by then.
If you are looking to apply this cycle, you need to hurry.

workaholic181

2+ Year Member
May 29, 2017
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I'm applying to MD schools and DO schools this cycle, and I am wondering when is/are the best time(s) to submit my application (as in fully complete)? Any general advice would be great!
It's getting late for the MD cycle. Still okay for DO but not ideal. Maybe waiting to submit early next year would be more wise?

About the Ads
OP
A
Jun 22, 2017
Status
Physical Therapy Student
Well I already sent my primaries for MD and I'm now working on my secondaries. I will be sending my primaries for DO very soon.

Reactions: rebelhoward
Mar 27, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
I have a similar question- I was AMCAS verified in early august and have been submitting secondaries since then... I also retook my MCAT in early august and received my score 2 days ago. It is better than my first (509 to 513) so I would like to submit to a few more schools, and am wondering whether it's too late to send my AMCAS to more MD schools? THANK YOU in advance for any advice... I'd also appreciate if any mods would mind weighing in @gyngyn @WedgeDawg @Ismet @Lucca

gyngyn

Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2011
Status
Attending Physician
I have a similar question- I was AMCAS verified in early august and have been submitting secondaries since then... I also retook my MCAT in early august and received my score 2 days ago. It is better than my first (509 to 513) so I would like to submit to a few more schools, and am wondering whether it's too late to send my AMCAS to more MD schools? THANK YOU in advance for any advice... I'd also appreciate if any mods would mind weighing in @gyngyn @WedgeDawg @Ismet @Lucca
Your application to the new schools will be received in a single business day.
If you start working on the secondaries now there is still plenty of time for an interview.

Reactions: rebelhoward

CrunchyPeanutButter

ACCEPTED MD - Class of 2022
2+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2017
Π
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I am confused by your posts, are you applying to MD, DO and also PT Schools?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

OP
A
Jun 22, 2017
Status
Physical Therapy Student
Does the answer to your question truly pertain to this post?

About the Ads