Application Timelines

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Techer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am applying in June to dental schools, and was wondering what the timeline is if you submit primary apps in June?
Do they come in July? And what do secondary apps ask for?

I would really appreciate if you got back to me.

Members don't see this ad.

Well one thing is for sure, 99% of secondary apps all want you to send money! Each school requires different amounts. I don't quite understand your question, what comes in July? Secondary apps? If that is the case, some schools require a secondary application to be sent in at almost the same time as your aadsas application. Some will contact you later with information about the secondary application. Some secondaries only require you to send money, some require you to fill out some basic info, and some secondaries require answers to specific questions they send out. Loma Linda was by far the hardest secondary I had to fill out because I had to get all all my ecclesiastical endorsements as well as answer a whole bunch of essay questions plus have two more science professors on top of my LORs that I had already had send in some stuff saying that I was a worthy student to attend Loma Linda. I didn't even get an interview there last year! Anyways, hope that helps!

Thank you very much!!!! I was asking about the timeline of the secondary apps. I appreciate your response.

Some schools may have the supplementary application available right away, and others will send it to you in July or August. Or later. Every school is different. Harvard doesn't send their secondary until they invite you to an interview. For most schools, usually you have 2 weeks or so to send it back. If you want to see some sample questions, UNC lists their questions on their website:

https://www.dent.unc.edu/secure/academic/programs/dds/apps/