Application, Transcript Entry, and Biochem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

EskimoRefugee

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everybody,

I'm just trying to get my application all finished up, and all I really have to do is the transcript stuff. I graduated in May, and I'm doing the professional transcript entry. Should I say I'm planning on taking biochemistry sometime next summer before submitting for the professional transcript entry?(you cant alter future planned courses after choosing professional transcript entry) I know that for a couple schools biochem is a necessity, and I never had time in my undergrad career to fit it in, so do you think it would behoove me to include it in my plans?

Overall, I just need an opinion on this, I'm overthinking everything about this application and freaking out a little bit...

Thanks!
 
Yes, only if the schools you apply to require Biochem, I would put it as a future class you're going to take. If you get accepted to that school you definitely have to take it before you start (sometime in the next year). Goodluck!
 
Yup, I agree! But just remember that most schools will not accept the grade if you take a class the summer before matriculation. So if you're going to be taking another class, I would take it as soon as possible.
 
Really? which schools because most of them just say take it before you get accepted. Although I must admit it's hard to find a summer class that ends before mid August! I have to take Immunology over summer for Berkeley so I'm kind of worried now