Application withdrawl????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gabby0205

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I need a piece of advice from someone please..
I have already submitted my application, but have not written DAT yet.
I don't think I will be able to do it due to personal family problems.

So, I was wondering..
is it better to call schools, AADSAS and tell them that I will be withdrawing?
or is it better to leave it off as it is?

If I leave it as it is, will it have a negative effect on me when I reapply next cycle?

Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hmmmm well if you have time, I would suggest personally withdrawing from each school but if you dont have that time, I really dont think it will be that bad if you just discontinue pursuing schools. You can always explain it if you need to.

I have already submitted my application, but have not written DAT yet.\QUOTE]

Haha, you must be from Europe?

I would highly suggest letting each school know because most schools keep a record of you from year to year. It may look irresponsible like you "half-assed" your app this year.

Just a brief "I regret to inform you that I will be withdrawing my app due to personal issues" type email would be sufficient, in my mind.

Members don't see this ad :)
No.. I am not from Europe...lol

If they do keep a record from year to year, when I do reapply next year will I have a disadvantage?
To withdraw, do I call them first and e-mail? or just email?

No.. I am not from Europe...lol

If they do keep a record from year to year, when I do reapply next year will I have a disadvantage?
To withdraw, do I call them first and e-mail? or just email?

Haha, I guessed that because you said you havent "written" the DAt.. thats the way english say "take" a test, but nevermind i guess!
I don't think it will hurt you next year, they understand that sometimes issues arise, might as well call a few schools and as THEIR opinion rather than a bunch of hypothesizing predents :)

Thank you guys for your reply..
I guess I will call few schools tmr and make my decision..

Haha, I guessed that because you said you havent "written" the DAt.. thats the way english say "take" a test, but nevermind i guess!

I think you are confusing Canadians with Europeans.

I think you are confusing Canadians with Europeans.

The dentist I work for is from England and we had a big discussion about this, he uses "written" an exam. so no, i am not confused.

The dentist I work for is from England and we had a big discussion about this, he uses "written" an exam. so no, i am not confused.
Alright, my bad. I was thinking the about the way Canadians say write the test.
But geez... no need to get your undies in a bundle.