Applications and DAT retake?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mav224

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! So I am kind of concerned because I got a rejection from MWU-AZ this morning. I assumed most schools would put my application on hold until my new DAT scores were in. This makes me worried about other schools looking at my application! My app got mailed out 7/1. I spoke to one dental school about it before and they said to submit as early as possible then retake. My retake is scheduled for next week. Do you think other schools will wait for my retake or reject me based on my first score (17 AA) ?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys! So I am kind of concerned because I got a rejection from MWU-AZ this morning. I assumed most schools would put my application on hold until my new DAT scores were in. This makes me worried about other schools looking at my application! My app got mailed out 7/1. I spoke to one dental school about it before and they said to submit as early as possible then retake. My retake is scheduled for next week. Do you think other schools will wait for my retake or reject me based on my first score (17 AA) ?
Depends on gpa...

Members don't see this ad :)
Shadowing and volunteering?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Have you taken the DAT yet? I'm just worried that I should have waited before hitting esubmit if schools are not going to wait till they get my updated score!

And 250 hours of volunteering and 150 shadowing!

3.28 overall and 3.14 science
Wow! When did a backup school like MWU get competitive? I have similar GPA as yours and I got waitlisted for interview....
I saw someone on SDN earlier today who had lower GPA than yours but he/she got a 23AA. Assuming what he says is true, if you destroy the DAT, you should have a chance at MWU.
Frankly hearing stuff about MWU AZ and MWU IL, I may reconsider applying there if I need to reapply....

Wow! When did a backup school like MWU get competitive? I have similar GPA as yours and I got waitlisted for interview....
I saw someone on SDN earlier today who had lower GPA than yours but he/she got a 23AA. Assuming what he says is true, if you destroy the DAT, you should have a chance at MWU.
Frankly hearing stuff about MWU AZ and MWU IL, I may reconsider applying there if I need to reapply....

i don't have crazy stats and i got an interview here. sub 3.1 gpa and 20aa.

i don't have crazy stats and i got an interview here. sub 3.1 gpa and 20 aa.
Interesting, what extracurricular activities did you have? I am a nontraditional applicant but I have 200 hours of shadowing, 1500 hours of volunteer, and close to 5000 hours worth of employment... maybe they aren't friendly toward nontraditional applicants?

Interesting, what extracurricular activities did you have? I am a nontraditional applicant but I have 200 hours of shadowing, 1500 hours of volunteer, and close to 5000 hours worth of employment... maybe they aren't friendly toward nontraditional applicants?

also non tradition. around 150 volunteer and 200 shadowing. just make sure you have a great personal statement and lor and it will even itself out.

also non tradition. around 150 volunteer and 200 shadowing. just make sure you have a great personal statement and lor and it will even itself out.
I've got my personal statement checked by several advisers and a dentist. It may be possible that I'm not a great fit for their program, or maybe my application actually sucks haha.

Whatever, there's 19 others schools that I'm waiting to hear back from, so we'll see. Congrats on your interview invite!

I've got my personal statement checked by several advisers and a dentist. It may be possible that I'm not a great fit for their program, or maybe my application actually sucks haha.

Whatever, there's 19 others schools that I'm waiting to hear back from, so we'll see. Congrats on your interview invite!

thank. yeah, i saw your stats and it much better than mine. you should get some interviews this year, don't worry about it yet. it still too early.

thank. yeah, i saw your stats and it much better than mine. you should get some interview this year, don't worry about it yet. it still too early.
Thank you for your kind words of encouragement! I have been talking about this with my long-lost predent buddies, and even though it's still early, I feel like I wanna cry lol

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement! I have been talking about this with my long-lost predent buddies, and even though it's still early, I feel like I wanna cry lol

with 19 more schools, i think you be alright. your stats is not even bad. i don't know if this helps me, but before i apply i send all the schools i'm planning to apply to my stats and my ec, and ask for their opinion. mwu told me everything was fine with my application, so i applied and they came through with an interview for me.