Applied before 10/1, still no response?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neurologymatrix

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to several Neuro residency programs before 10/1/07 and have still not received a response from any of the programs. I didn't apply to competitive programs (i.e none of the top 20). Is this unusual since Neuro is not really competitive and should I consider applying to more programs? (I'm not an IMG)

Members don't see this ad.

I think it is a little unusual. I would speak with your advisor regarding your application and ask whether there is something amiss.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, my personal statement, transcript and letters of recommendation have all been sent.

some times u gotta check the webpage because they might say they only invite for interviews after nov 1... when the deans letter is uploaded..... also some schools invite really late... i think i heard the one in tampa invited a couple of friends of mine in late nov and late dec....which sucks to accomodate...but a the end that is where they turned out to go to

...i think u should just give it a little more time see what happens

gl

check to make sure programs have received your dean's letter.

Neurology has turned out to be more competitive this year according to a PC, so it may take some time to review applications. Smaller programs which were used to getting 100 ivs are getting 400 according to the grapevine. It wouldn't hurt you to apply to more. (I know it can be pretty expensive, but a wise PM from this forum told me--what better investment than your training?) The average applicant usually applies to 20+. I applied to 25. I am still waiting to hear from many programs though, if that helps. I am an IMG. Good luck!

Thank you all for your input. I finally received 4 adult neuro interview invitations!