Apply before taking OAT?????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilbird

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys!
I am taking the OAT the last week of October... Is it better to apply early with no OAT scores (and possibly have a better chance to get in due to early admission.) Or to wait till after I get my OAT scores to apply? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

apply early. apply now. good luck.

lilbird said:
Hello guys!
I am taking the OAT the last week of October... Is it better to apply early with no OAT scores (and possibly have a better chance to get in due to early admission.) Or to wait till after I get my OAT scores to apply? Thanks

I applied pre-OAT

Members don't see this ad :)
lilbird said:
Hello guys!

Go ahead and apply now!!! Best case scenario the schools will accept you pending a decent OAT score, worst case scenario they won't interview until the scores come back. Because many schools have rolling admissions, some places like UAB could very well have all spots filled by the time you OAT scores come back. If you wait to apply until your scores come back your chances of getting in will be greatly reduced.

Would it still be beneficial to apply before OAT's if your GPA is not that strong?

-My pre-req GPA is about a 3.45
-I have experience in various Optometry settings (private, veteran's affairs hospital, HMO)
-I am not a science major.
-My personal statement is somewhat strong...I think :)
-My letters of rec. are not very strong...especially since some schools require letters from ONLY professors.

I was thinking of applying before I take the OAT's, but isn't there also a chance that I could be rejected before my OAT is even taken because other aspects of the application aren't as strong?

And I also read that UHCO among other schools do not even review your application until they recieve every piece of it, including the OAT scores. So doesn't that mean that if I rush my application, and they won't be reading itanyway...it would be the same as just submitting it all together later in NOV?

Also, I'm not sure, but I thought that Berkeley stopped doing rolling admissions since last years applicants. <??>

please HELP ...I need answers

Berkeley never had rolling admissions.

SUNY does have rolling admissions and i had friends that were acepted before their OAT"S (they had to get least a 320~) so APPLY as early as possible, worst case is that your appliation on hold, and it's complete right after your OAT, best ase is you get a contigent admissions offer.