Apply DO and MD together?

Started by echo523
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

echo523

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This question might be stupid but wanted to hear some of your opinions. At this point, I really don't mind either DO or MD school. But would applying to both schools have any negative impact during the application process? TX MD and DO schools use same application process and they will probably be able to see other schools I'm applying. What's your thought? Thank you!!
 
This question might be stupid but wanted to hear some of your opinions. At this point, I really don't mind either DO or MD school. But would applying to both schools have any negative impact during the application process? TX MD and DO schools use same application process and they will probably be able to see other schools I'm applying. What's your thought? Thank you!!


Applying to both will not have a negative effect on either DO or MD applications. There are a lot of applicants who apply to both every year, so no worries.🙂
 
I am applying to and interviewing at both the only thing is that most DO school require you to shadow one, but it worked out for me because I used my DO shadowing experience for both MD and DO[


QUOTE=echo523;8645404]This question might be stupid but wanted to hear some of your opinions. At this point, I really don't mind either DO or MD school. But would applying to both schools have any negative impact during the application process? TX MD and DO schools use same application process and they will probably be able to see other schools I'm applying. What's your thought? Thank you!![/QUOTE]
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad