Apply for aid now or later?

Started by lmgratto
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lmgratto

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am going back to school next month to retake my undergrad science classes for pre-pharmacy. Although I have a BS already, I have been out of college for 12 years, and my sciences are too old.

I am wondering how much Staford loans I will get when I go to pharmacy school. The application asks for what term I am applying. Does it matter if I apply now for loans and 'guess' what pharmacy school I'll be going to in 2010/2011? Will I screw it up if I end up not going to my first choice but listing that on my applications? Can I change/correct it later?

Any ideas or should I just wait it out?
 
my stafford both subsidized and unsubsidized covered my entire pharmacy tuition so you will get enough. I had to take grad plus loans to cover my living expenses.

You don't apply for it until you start applying for pharmacy school. I actually didn't apply for FAFSA until I got interviews, and you can put down all the schools you applied too. Once you get accepted, your school will contact FAFSA and will let you know what to do next (so yes you can change it later).