Apply for Fin. Aid although no interviews yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bobvu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I applied late in the cycle and have yet to received interviews ( still hoping), and so my question is should I still apply for the fafsa financial aid? I would hate to get interviews later and not be able to file for financial aid by the deadline. Or are deadlines different for medical school? I'm not too familiar with the med school financial aid process. Any help, advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Lesley

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied late in the cycle and have yet to received interviews ( still hoping), and so my question is should I still apply for the fafsa financial aid? I would hate to get interviews later and not be able to file for financial aid by the deadline. Or are deadlines different for medical school? I'm not too familiar with the med school financial aid process. Any help, advice is appreciated.

Thanks

You could fill out a FASFA and have it sent to all the schools you have applied to. At the very least you'll have familiarity and experience with filling out a FASFA form, and you'll also receive your four digit PIN number that stays the same year after year. You'll also get an idea of your EFC; however, if your financial circumstance changes, ie you get a job during a gap year, so can your EFC. Best of luck in hearing from any of the schools you applied to. You never know. Good Luck!