Apply Now or Delay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

happydude007

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys-
Ok some of you know my background http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=3535661#post3535661 , so I won't get into all that again. I need some advice and I wanted to ask you guys first before I started applying to post-bac schools and extension programs.

I just went from contractual basis to being offered a good corporate markting gig and a decent salary. I also got in contact with some surgeons and doctors that I will begin to follow.

My questions are these:

Should I delay a year, so I can establish a solid set of references not only from my job but from the doctors who I will shadow and volunteer for?

Should I take the GRE so I look like a more viable candidate who can handle testing and look for going into MPH/MED? My SATs were ok not the greatest. I would hope if I took another type of standardized testing and scored really well that it would help me.

I really would like to bail and go to an extension school or post bac this fall. I am wanting to go into medicine so bad now. I have gotten so bored with all the work I have been doing.