Apply Now or Delay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

happydude007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys-
Ok some of you know my background http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=3535661#post3535661 , so I won't get into all that again. I need some advice and I wanted to ask you guys first before I started applying to post-bac schools and extension programs.

I just went from contractual basis to being offered a good corporate markting gig and a decent salary. I also got in contact with some surgeons and doctors that I will begin to follow.

My questions are these:

Should I delay a year, so I can establish a solid set of references not only from my job but from the doctors who I will shadow and volunteer for?

Should I take the GRE so I look like a more viable candidate who can handle testing and look for going into MPH/MED? My SATs were ok not the greatest. I would hope if I took another type of standardized testing and scored really well that it would help me.

I really would like to bail and go to an extension school or post bac this fall. I am wanting to go into medicine so bad now. I have gotten so bored with all the work I have been doing.

Members don't see this ad.