Apply NOW or Later!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Serenoir

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took pcat 2 times already and now I'm going to try for the third time :(

1st time (July)
VB: 18
Bio: 79
RC: 18
QA:61
Chem:61
Comp: 45

2nd time (Sept)
Bio: 89
RC: 6
QA:77
Chem:72
comp:50

I'm planning to apply to VCU, Shenandoah , MD-Estern shore
I have a GPA of 2.9
Strong Rec'd from 3 professors
EC- working as a RN at a well known hospital ~ 2 yrs and 6 months

I don't know if I should just apply now to all the schools with my PCAT score that I have
right now which is comp 45 and 50

or should I wait until November/December? (after I'm done with October/November PCAT???

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I took pcat 2 times already and now I'm going to try for the third time :(

1st time (July)
Bio: 79
RC: 18
QA:61
Chem:61
Comp: 45

2nd time (Sept)
Bio: 89
RC: 6
QA:77
Chem:72
comp:50

I'm planning to apply to VCU, Shenandoah , MD-Estern shore
I have a GPA of 2.9
Strong Rec'd from 3 professors
EC- working as a RN at a well known hospital ~ 2 yrs and 6 months

I don't know if I should just apply now to all the schools with my PCAT score that I have
right now which is comp 45 and 50

or should I wait until November/December? (after I'm done with October/November PCAT???
APPLY ASAP. I actually am on the same boat as you're in. I have taken 3 PCATs already and the results are 23, 45 and 50 respectively. I already scheduled for my fourth PCAT on 10/29 and put that on my application. I have 3.77 cum gpa, 3.86 science for 106 credits.
If the school like you except for the PCAT score, they will contact you to improve the pcat score or you can contact Admins to ask if you can get a chance to interview after you submit the application because they cannot say anything if they don't have your application in their hands. I submitted my application last Wednesday and I got an e-mail from the school asking if I can submit the supplement ASAP. And guess what. They wavied my supplement fee!! I don't know why.. lol (hope this is a good sign..)
Anyways, I'm waiting for their call or if I need to, I'm going to contact the school and ask if I can get a chance for the interview sometime in next week. Hope I can get a good news from the school.
Conclusion is APPLY ASAP!! THERE WILL BE A NO DAMAGE FOR YOUR APPLICATION! AND YOU ALWAY CAN RETAKE THE PCAT AS MANY TIMES YOU WANT UNTIL THE SCHOOL'S DEADLINE.

APPLY ASAP. I actually am on the same boat as you're in. I have taken 3 PCATs already and the results are 23, 45 and 50 respectively. I already scheduled for my fourth PCAT on 10/29 and put that on my application. I have 3.77 cum gpa, 3.86 science for 106 credits.
If the school like you except for the PCAT score, they will contact you to improve the pcat score or you can contact Admins to ask if you can get a chance to interview after you submit the application because they cannot say anything if they don't have your application in their hands. I submitted my application last Wednesday and I got an e-mail from the school asking if I can submit the supplement ASAP. And guess what. They wavied my supplement fee!! I don't know why.. lol (hope this is a good sign..)
Anyways, I'm waiting for their call or if I need to, I'm going to contact the school and ask if I can get a chance for the interview sometime in next week. Hope I can get a good news from the school.
Conclusion is APPLY ASAP!! THERE WILL BE A NO DAMAGE FOR YOUR APPLICATION! AND YOU ALWAY CAN RETAKE THE PCAT AS MANY TIMES YOU WANT UNTIL THE SCHOOL'S DEADLINE.

Hey,
what school did you apply to :O lol ?

Members don't see this ad :)

I do not know the exact workings of Belmont, but I would highly recommend never ever contacting a school and simply "asking" for an interview. To add on, there are actually limits to how many times you can take the test as well. Some schools will accept the highest, some schools will average all your scores, and I believe 5 attempts are the maximum amount you can sign up with Pearson anyways.

By the way, you have an outstanding GPA, but I am curious as to how your studied for the PCAT?

Last edited:
I do not know the exact workings of Belmont, but I would highly recommend never ever contacting a school and simply "asking" for an interview. To add on, there are actually limits to how many times you can take the test as well. Some schools will accept the highest, some schools will average all your scores, and I believe 5 attempts are the maximum amount you can sign up with Pearson anyways.

By the way, you have an outstanding GPA, but I am curious as to how your studied for the PCAT?

I agreed with u on, "DO NOT contact the school asking for an interview or regarding about the interview." That would degraded urself, and the school would thinks that u wants them, Not they want u or u got no interview invite from any other school which mean it called, "desperately." And they may play waiting game with u. lol U may contact them asking, "What can you do to improve ur application or is there anything u missed on ur application that they need." They will reply u and u may find ur answers... To be exact, U can only take the PCAT for 5 times, and after that u can appeal to Pearson to do the 6th ones. :)

Mainly Dr.collins. 1st attempt "0" preperation. 2nd attempt with Dr.collins. Math, Bio, Chm increased by 50 but verbal 7th and read 17th killed my comp score - English is my second language. 3rd attempt with Dr.collins with Kaplan. Bio, Chm, Math are mid 80th and verb went up to 18th. But, did terrible on reading.. 2...which, of course, ruined my comp score. I had to go to restroom during the reading section and I wasted 7 mins out of 50 mins. I was rushing myself and couldn't concentrate. Hope this 4th attempt could get me at least 65 percentile.

I agreed with u on, "DO NOT contact the school asking for an interview or regarding about the interview." That would degraded urself, and the school would thinks that u wants them, Not they want u or u got no interview invite from any other school which mean it called, "desperately." And they may play waiting game with u. lol U may contact them asking, "What can you do to improve ur application or is there anything u missed on ur application that they need." They will reply u and u may find ur answers... To be exact, U can only take the PCAT for 5 times, and after that u can appeal to Pearson to do the 6th ones. :)
I actually lil exaggerate regards to PCAT attempt. Yes, you guys are right. But, It seems like most people on the SDN would get their satisfied results within 5 attempts which I called it "Many times" lol
Sorry for the confusion.

Same here!! I used Dr. Collins...I don't know what I can do to improve my English sections in a month... :(
I guess I have to get really high Chem and Quant to make up for my low English scores..

Same here!! I used Dr. Collins...I don't know what I can do to improve my English sections in a month... :(
I guess I have to get really high Chem and Quant to make up for my low English scores..
I try to memorize many PCAT words as possible before the exam. I found the useful website called "Quizlet" http://quizlet.com/ Go there, log in (with facebook account) and search "PCAT"
They have lots of useful flashcards available for the PCAT preperation.
Moreover, I'm using princeton review's "Cracking the PCAT" to review the materials (Chem,Bio, and Math) in depth (since Dr.Collins is only good for practice problems), I found useful tips for verbal and reading section from the book as well. These suggestions are really great and hope I can get better score next time. You can find this book from the websites easily.. only $15.

Thanks! I'll def get that book!!
I just registered my PCAT on Oct 29th!

Good luck to you Friend!
Keep me updated :)

Some people do a search for mcat practice. You can find some good tips for the reading section. Do as many practice tests as posssible. Do the Pearson practice tests!

GUYS!!!! I JUST GOT AN INTERVIEW INVITATION FROM BELMONT THIS MORNING!!!
I'm super excited!!!! My interveiw scheduled on Oct 11th!! Wish me BEST LUCK!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

GUYS!!!! I JUST GOT AN INTERVIEW INVITATION FROM BELMONT THIS MORNING!!!
I'm super excited!!!! My interveiw scheduled on Oct 11th!! Wish me BEST LUCK!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

aww good luck! :luck:

Did u contact them regarding on ur interview? or they just contacted u?

aww good luck! :luck:

Did u contact them regarding on ur interview? or they just contacted u?
They contact me!! This is what happened to me.
I submitted my application on 9/18. On 9/20, Belmont contacted me regarding the supplement app. I submitted on the same day and they waived my app fee. Pharmcas verfied my application and mailed out to Belmont yeasterday. I got an e-mail from Belmont this morning at 9:20 that my application is completed and ready for the review. At 9:37 AM, I got an interveiw invitaion from Belmont. I confirmed my intervew invitation and I'm going to prepare for the interview from now on. DONE WITH PCAT!!! WHOOO~~~

When I talked to VCU admission, they wanted 50% percentile for each section... I would say wait and then turn in your application.