Apply once or twice?

Started by jemc2000
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jemc2000

SDN Angel
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I am fairly sure I won't get accepted this year, ( I am only applying to UF ), should I go ahead and apply this year anyway or just wait and apply next year?

I guess I am asking if UF would look at me as more serious for 2006 admissions if I had applied for 2005 admissions even with a less than stellar GPA and PCAT (meeting their minimum requirements but not beating their average entering numbers), but then, if I don't get in, I spend the next year retaking some classes and taking some optional classes such as microbiology.

Thoughts?
 
you have nothing to lose by applying. it is a lot worse than not applying at all. go ahead and do it. if you dont get in this year, do it again. show them you are persistant. keep trying. door is wide open.
 
I say go ahead and apply. Have you already registered through PharmCAS? My GPA is at the low end for UF too and I don't know my PCAT score yet but I am applying this year anyway. It is still possible that they will accept us. Good Luck! :luck: