Apply This Year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sebastian545

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really can't decide if I should apply this year (to start Fall 2012), or wait and apply to start fall 2013.

What makes it tough is I graduated several yrs ago (2004) from college with a bad/mediocre GPA about 2.9 (Business Degree). I didn't take many pre-reqs in undergrad so I've been taking them the past year or so. Currently my overall GPA is 3.04 with all A's so far in my pre-reqs.

I assume that after this Spring Semester I will have Bio I/II, Chem I/II, AP I, and psychology taken with all A's. However, this is at a local community college. I don't feel ready to take the PCAT as i haven't had any Orgo yet.

Would it be foolish to apply to a few non PCAT schools this fall (MCPHS is my top choice) seeing as I will still have Orgo I and II, Physics at least left to complete?
 
If you can financially afford to apply and reapply if necessary, i would say sure why not. Especially if you can take Orgo over the summer so that you can prove to schools you can handle more challenging science classes.