apply while doing masters or wait till masters is complete?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heywhatsup

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently got into the GSBS Masters program at UMDNJ-Newark.

I was wondering if you guys think its ok to apply to dental school while still in the program?
In other words, do you think there is a chance of geting in by just taking Masters classes at the school for a few semesters without actually completing the degree?

HELPPPP

Members don't see this ad.

I recently got into the GSBS Masters program at UMDNJ-Newark.

I was wondering if you guys think its ok to apply to dental school while still in the program?
In other words, do you think there is a chance of geting in by just taking Masters classes at the school for a few semesters without actually completing the degree?

HELPPPP

Hey, you need to talk to the dental schools that you are planning on applying to. I spoke with a medical school admissions officer and they said DO NOT apply until you have a year of grades. Granted I am making up for a sub-par GPA, and this was a UC school but anyways... You get the picture. Depends on your undergrad statistics, and on the wants of the admissions officers. So you can share with us your stats, but I would definitely contact the schools!