Applying 2008 Transcript Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

artsyme

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that a lot of colleges take a while to get the transcripts sent to AADSAS. I believe I have four colleges that need to send my transcript to AADSAS, and was wondering if anyone talked to their schools about getting their transcripts sent out on time. I know aadsas does not fully process your application until all transcripts are received so I want my transcript to arrive at AADSAS on May 15, but am scared if it arrives a little early they will discard it. How are you guys handling the situation?

Also, for those who took AP classes in high school, are you having your high school transcript sent to AADSAS as well?

Thanks!:)

Members don't see this ad.

you need to get the transcript matching forms which are only available to you once you create your application on May 15th. dont waste your time sending them before the cycle opens.

also, your AP credit info should already be one your college transcripts if you had the scores sent to your college.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sort of on this same “delay in processing” topic:

Would I be best served to send in my transcript in May, or hold off until June when the spring quarter grades (important to my app) will be posted? I only ask because is looks as if I don’t wait the extra month then I can’t update my grades on AADSAS until Dec, when their window opens up to do so. Will this delay everything an entire month, or can AADSAS spend their 8 weeks on my other transcripts and whatever they do in that time?

I have heard of people faxing new grades to the individual schools in order to circumvent waiting till Dec. Anyone have experience with this?

send in your application the FIRST DAY POSSIBLE (how many times can this be written in one year?) THEN if anything updates (LIKE YOUR GRADES) send in the new stuff. Or send in the new transcripts to the schools yourself.

APPLY AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE and then update your application constantly when refreshed with new information.

Oh I know.... That’s the first piece given by anyone on this board, pre-health advisors, or current dent students that I talk to. “Apply Early!”

According to AADSAS, once you enter in your grades and send transcripts then that will be unchangeable until they open up the “Academic Update” period in mid December.

Are schools ok with receiving updated transcripts via fax/mail before then?

I had the same question... I want to include my Summer term grades because I am trying to make up for a poor freshman semester. according to my understanding I have to wait until I get the grades on my transcript before I can send them out right? I can't submit what I have now and update towards the end of June???