Applying a bit early

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctorman45342

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to apply to dental school after my 2nd year of undergrad. I will have earned my bachelors in biology and hopefully I will have a solid DAT score (over a 20, hopefully.)

The thing I am a little worried about is I will have only completed around 70-80 credits (3.8 GPA) at the time of application. Most of which are 100-200 level courses (all the required pre-reqs and anatomy) and maybe 1 or 2 upper level sciences.

Will this be a good enough application? I will also have 100+ volunteering/100+shadowing hours to go along with this. If not I will just take the 4th year off and bolster my application more

Members don't see this ad.

Why are you worried? A huge number of students apply at the end of their Junior year. They're called traditional students.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
lol I see. for what it's worth, I know someone who applied the end of their 2nd year and got in.

If you have your bachelors you are fine! I did the same, and got accepted, use it to your advantage, you will earn a BS in Biology in 3 instead of 4 years...

Goodluck to you! I would not worry too much, just make sure like you said you do well on the DAT