Applying again for next cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

singht5

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello my fellow peers,

I would appreciate your input regarding to this matter. I applied for this cycle for the first time to about 17 schools. I had gotten an interview at Tufts and Touro so far. I got waitlisted at Tufts as of now. I graduated from Temple with a 2.8 gpa but recently finished my Masters at Rowan SOM in Biomedical Science with a 3.4 gpa. All of my pre-req courses during my undergrad were excellent but I messed up in my later years with the upper level science elective courses hence having a 2.8 gpa. I made up for this my doing a challenging Masters program at Rowan. I have done about 110 shadowing hours with a General Dentist mostly, some with Endodontist and Orthodontist. My DAT was done in January 2016 with a 20 AA, some sections above 20 and none below it except for one with a 19 in Perceptual Ability or Organic Chemistry I think.

I would like any advice about applying again for next year or if there is any way of improving my application. Thank you for taking the time to read my thread and getting back to me.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Did you apply late? Think you ahould have at leadt 3 more invites with those masters grades.

With a 2.8 you really would have benefitted from achieving a 3.7+ in the masters. Have you considered retaking the DAT? I'd usually never recommend someone with a 20 to retake, but getting a 22+ might help.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does it look bad if he takes more undergrad classes after masters? If he can bring up that undergrad GPA, potentially it could make more cutoff lines set by some schools.

I'm not gonna waste more money to do my undergrad classes again as I don't think it makes a difference taking an easier class.

I'm not gonna waste more money to do my undergrad classes again as I don't think it makes a difference taking an easier class.
I think you're right in not wasting more money on undergrad classes. The only thing you can do is retake the DAT and try to get a higher (21 and up) score. The 3.4 in the grad program is a little unfortunate, but not terrible. Good luck!