applying again, re-write personal statement?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yakstiolleh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who are re-applying...

Did you guys re-work your personal statement or did you keep it the same?

If you changed yours in any way, did you include anything about how not getting accepted the first time has helped you??? What did you add??

hope i can get some helpful opinions! Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

For those who are re-applying...

Did you guys re-work your personal statement or did you keep it the same?

If you changed yours in any way, did you include anything about how not getting accepted the first time has helped you??? What did you add??

hope i can get some helpful opinions! Thanks guys.

Yes! I rewrote my personal statement and I think you should too. Not just because you are changing the words but because admissions committees want to know what you have done with your life in the past 12 months. You are of course going to have the same story of how you are interested in dentistry but talk about your accomplishments in the past 12 months too.
I did not include anything negative such as not getting accepted last year. I just mentioned how I have improved myself.
I added my research experience, my masters program and how they both helped me!
Hope it helps.

If you are reapplying, consider your personal statement as a weakness and make the necessary improvements. Seek some type of help with the writing/ideological content, even if it does not need too much work.

Thanks you two for the great advice, re-writing I shall do! good luck to you :)