Applying Again

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

indo530

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am about to graduate from a 4 year university and I am about to apply to pharmacy school for the second time. Last go around I had one interview and got rejected :mad: . I hope to go back home and take some pre reqs over at a local JC. My first two years in uni were not that great, but I did better in the upper division biochem, pchem, and molecular biology. But those are not prereqs. I hope to raise my pre req GPA, volunteer at a local pharmacy at home, and also hope to volunteer to raise funds to build a church in my hometown. I was wondering if anyone out there had any other suggestions and advice. I was wondering if anyone who has gotten into pharmacy school or knows how to write good papers could look over my personal statement and give me feedback about what I should or shouldn't do. Please PM me if you would help me out by reading over and revising my personal statement.
All advice and help is appreciated

Thank You :)

Members don't see this ad.

I have to apply again next year also. Ever since I found out that my hopes for getting into pharmacy school in Fall 2006 were gone, I've been in a total SLUMP...this post isn't so much advice, but I just wanted you to know that you're not alone.

indo530 said:
I am about to graduate from a 4 year university and I am about to apply to pharmacy school for the second time. Last go around I had one interview and got rejected :mad: . I hope to go back home and take some pre reqs over at a local JC. My first two years in uni were not that great, but I did better in the upper division biochem, pchem, and molecular biology. But those are not prereqs. I hope to raise my pre req GPA, volunteer at a local pharmacy at home, and also hope to volunteer to raise funds to build a church in my hometown. I was wondering if anyone out there had any other suggestions and advice. I was wondering if anyone who has gotten into pharmacy school or knows how to write good papers could look over my personal statement and give me feedback about what I should or shouldn't do. Please PM me if you would help me out by reading over and revising my personal statement.
All advice and help is appreciated

Thank You :)

It seems like you are on the good route for a second attempt. Depending on where you reside, have you considered apply to out of state schools? Many of them are cheaper in esp. the state schools. The grades can only take you so far though, you need to spend alot of time on your application essay(s). I'm not sure if I can help too much with your papers, but if you desire, you can send them to me and I can try to help look them over, but I am in the middle of my summer qtr and I may not be able to get back to you as soon as you may need. I will be done by august and should be free then.

Teak (tech)

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for all the help, and if anybody else has any helpfull advice please feel free to post :D

I would contact the person who signed the rejection letter from the school you interviewed with. He/she can pull your file and tell you why you were rejected and what you should do to make your next app more competitive. It could be that you were rejected for reasons other than pre-req GPA and retaking those classes at a JC is unnecessary. I would make sure before wasting time and money.

I would think good grades in more difficult upper level classes would make up for poor lower level class grades. Especially since most upper level classes require an understanding of lower level material to get a good grade. However, pharmacy schools do have minimum pre-req GPA requirements, so if you didn't meet the minimum then definitely retake some classes.

Again, call the admissions office and ask for advice.

Hope this helps.