Applying AOA neurosurgery this cycle

Started by Kld2010
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kld2010

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone could give me advice about applying to AOA neurosurg. this cycle? To make a long post short, I was interested in applying to NS 3rd year, talked myself out of it and set up my 4th yr schedule toward matching gen surg. During my current away rotation I have been scrubbing a lot of NS cases and I absolutely love it. I've decided to try and apply, however I do not have any auditions set up in NS. I have reached out to a few programs about trying to set up an away but, as I am sure you all can imagine, everything is full. I would appreciate any advice someone could give that would help set myself up to at least have a shot at matching. Thanks