Applying before Organic Chemistry

Started by pharmky
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmky

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am applying to Pharmacy School this year and wanted to know what you thought about applying before taking Organic chemistry I. I have done well in Gen. Chem 1&2 and Labs (All A's), and have taken A&P 1&2 and Zoology and have earned A's in all those classes. My Science GPA at this moment is a 4.0. I have also taken Calc I with an A in that class also.

Do you think that this will hurt me by not having the Organic Chem classes done? (I am pretty confident I will score A's next semester in them)

Thanks,
 
Nope, it won't hurt. When I applied, I was taking Organic I, Calculus I, and Biology II. The science classes I completed, I did with very good grades, such as yourself. Don't worry at the end of the semester you have to submit your Fall grades anyway.

HTH
 
I am applying to Pharmacy School this year and wanted to know what you thought about applying before taking Organic chemistry I. I have done well in Gen. Chem 1&2 and Labs (All A's), and have taken A&P 1&2 and Zoology and have earned A's in all those classes. My Science GPA at this moment is a 4.0. I have also taken Calc I with an A in that class also.

Do you think that this will hurt me by not having the Organic Chem classes done? (I am pretty confident I will score A's next semester in them)

Thanks,

Are you currently @ Murray State? (I noticed you said Zoology and you're username has KY in it)

Give me a PM if you are.
 
are those your only pre-reqs left? if so, shouldn't make that big of a difference.

if you are missing too many pre-reqs, you may have a lower chance of acceptance (I didn't get an interview last year for USC because I was missing several pre-reqs)