Applying before PCAT

Started by DASicari
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DASicari

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it recommended to send the PharmCAS application to schools before the PCAT is taken? My application is just about finalized minus the PCAT which I have scheduled to take in August.

Should I submit now or wait until after I have my PCAT scores?
 
I submitted my Pharmcas last week and also plan on taking the PCAT in August. I know California schools don't look at the scores and since I want to stay in CA, makes sense.

Just submit your Pharmcas since it takes up to 5 weeks to process
 
Is it recommended to send the PharmCAS application to schools before the PCAT is taken? My application is just about finalized minus the PCAT which I have scheduled to take in August.

Should I submit now or wait until after I have my PCAT scores?

Submit it now. PharmCAS will receive your PCAT scores and update your application accordingly.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OP- just submit your app now... That's exactly what I did, send Pharmcas app first and then took the PCAT... this will take a load off you, and you can just concentrate on the big test
 
I just started to study for the PCAT in August. Thanks for asking this question. I was thinking about the same. Any advice about the best way to prepare for the PCAT would be appreciated.