applying before pre-reqs complete

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sportygirl

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey! Just wondering if anybody gets accepted to dental school if they submit their application before they are done their pre-reqs? I know there is a section on the application that says courses you plan on taking, but I spoke to Brian from Temple and he said they probably won't even look at your application if you are not done the pre-reqs. Maybe he misunderstood me, but is this true?

Members don't see this ad.

I was accepted for the fall of 2007 and I am still taking Orgo II, Bio II, and Physics II.

However, I attended the school that admitted me for undergrad and law school, have received A's in all my prereqs, and did above average on the DAT without the above classes.

I hadn't taken orgo 2 bio 2 or any other bio for that matter and was accepted to a load of schools. Brian definitely misunderstood the question, or you misunderstood his answer. You will need to have them all completed by matriculation time.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted without biochemistry. If accepted, it will be conditional pending the completion of those required courses.

Hey! Just wondering if anybody gets accepted to dental school if they submit their application before they are done their pre-reqs? I know there is a section on the application that says courses you plan on taking, but I spoke to Brian from Temple and he said they probably won't even look at your application if you are not done the pre-reqs. Maybe he misunderstood me, but is this true?

I'm taking Physics II and the lab and I got accepted at Michigan

I was accepted without biochemistry. If accepted, it will be conditional pending the completion of those required courses.
yah...but biochem is not even a pre-req for most schools.

yah...but biochem is not even a pre-req for most schools.

It is a required course for Houston and San Antonio. If not completed, my acceptance would be void. The point is you can be accepted without completing all required courses.