1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

applying before pre-reqs complete

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by sportygirl, Mar 6, 2007.

1. sportygirl

sportygirl Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hey! Just wondering if anybody gets accepted to dental school if they submit their application before they are done their pre-reqs? I know there is a section on the application that says courses you plan on taking, but I spoke to Brian from Temple and he said they probably won't even look at your application if you are not done the pre-reqs. Maybe he misunderstood me, but is this true?

2. jfitzpat

10+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I was accepted for the fall of 2007 and I am still taking Orgo II, Bio II, and Physics II.

However, I attended the school that admitted me for undergrad and law school, have received A's in all my prereqs, and did above average on the DAT without the above classes.

3. dddsmack

dddsmack my baby and I
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I hadn't taken orgo 2 bio 2 or any other bio for that matter and was accepted to a load of schools. Brian definitely misunderstood the question, or you misunderstood his answer. You will need to have them all completed by matriculation time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. TexDDS

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I was accepted without biochemistry. If accepted, it will be conditional pending the completion of those required courses.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. gatormichigan

7+ Year Member

I'm taking Physics II and the lab and I got accepted at Michigan

6. OceanBlue

OceanBlue HA! I knew it.
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    yah...but biochem is not even a pre-req for most schools.

7. TexDDS

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    It is a required course for Houston and San Antonio. If not completed, my acceptance would be void. The point is you can be accepted without completing all required courses.