applying before receiving MCAT score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kwu

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am planning on applying to medical early decision (the deadline is August 1, the decision will be made by October 1). I have my MCAT scheduled June 18.
I am not sure if i will be 100% ready for it by that time. I believe that if I reschedule it to July 8, I will be more prepared.
The only thing is that they will receive my MCAT grade August 9, which is after the deadline.
Do you thing it's a good idea to apply before knowing my MCAT grade?

I really need your advice.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think you can apply EDP if you won't have your MCAT before August 1. And I definitely wouldn't apply EDP without knowing your scores.

Early decision applicants should be very competitive for their school. It can frequently be more selective to be admitted EDP than standard applications.
I'm unsure if EDP allows you to apply with scores that would be in after the deadline.
Regardless, I wouldn't do EDP without knowing I was a very good applicant for the school - and with that 1/3rd of the application unknown that seems like a risk.