Applying but retaking MCAT in July, HELP!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zonagirl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all!

I have tried looking many places for some advice on my situation and I'm wondering if there are any others in my shoes!

I have taken the MCAT already but my score is on the far low end of acceptance. I have a retake scheduled for end of July but want to apply EARLY EARLY EARLY!!

My question is, should I submit my application with my old score (you can also put on the primary app. if you have an MCAT in process) and risk quick rejection based on old score? Or will they take into account that I am scheduled to retake in July??

Any advice!!??

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

How does the rest of your application look? As in first MCAT, GPA's, and EC's? I think that would probably play a major role in the decision on whether to submit now or wait.

How does the rest of your application look? As in first MCAT, GPA's, and EC's? I think that would probably play a major role in the decision on whether to submit now or wait.

GPA's are around ~3.5 but first MCAT was a 21 :/ Pretty confident in raising it significantly though!
I have a great committee LOR as well as one from a DO.
Plenty of volunteer work including abroad medical trip.
Good EC's.
I've also been working as a Medical Assistant for the last year; hands on with patients, lots of OR time, etc. I'm hoping this experience will make up for my average GPA.

Just stressed that they will see a score of 21 and not even take into account that I am retaking!! Thanks for your time!