Applying DO with high stats?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yokiguz

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if it worth applying to DO with a 3.95 and 527 MCAT.

This is not to showoff or brag. I am a Canadian citizen and I've heard applying MD as an international is a lot of luck, so to ensure I start medical school next September, should I also apply to Canadian-friendly DO schools? or will I be auto-rejected based on my high stats?

Thank you in advance for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

DO schools do not engage in resource protection. Last cycle some 10% of people we interviewed had MCAT scores in the 90th %ile or higher.

So yes, have some DO schools on the list.

Reactions: 2 users
DO schools do not engage in resource protection. Last cycle some 10% of people we interviewed had MCAT scores in the 90th %ile or higher.

So yes, have some DO schools on the list.
Great, thank you so much Goro!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have had nothing but great experiences applying to DO schools this cycle with above-average stats. Granted, they're not quite as high as yours, but they are MD competitive. I would attribute a portion of my success to writing cohesive, well-tailored secondaries. Many schools have small, unique things that they really take pride in, and allowing myself to get excited about each of these helped me write secondaries that have served me well so far!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if it worth applying to DO with a 3.95 and 527 MCAT.

This is not to showoff or brag. I am a Canadian citizen and I've heard applying MD as an international is a lot of luck, so to ensure I start medical school next September, should I also apply to Canadian-friendly DO schools? or will I be auto-rejected based on my high stats?

Thank you in advance for the help!
with your stats, you will more than likely have success at MD schools that interview international students.