1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Hey, Guest, do you know how much will it cost you to apply to medical school? Check out SDN's Medical School Application Cost Calculator and plan your budget.

Applying DO with no DO exposure

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by GregOdensKnee, May 19, 2017.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. GregOdensKnee

GregOdensKnee

Mar 16, 2017
    I haven't been able to find any DOs to shadow (will keep looking) and live in a part of the states where there aren't many DOs in the first place. Will this severely inhibit my application? I obviously won't apply to schools that require DO letters, but does this limit me at schools such as DMU which have questions on the secondary regarding osteopath experience?

Clinical exposure - 250 hours of hospital volunteering + 60 hours of shadowing MDs

Stats: 3.5/514

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Goro

Goro Account on Hold Account on Hold 7+ Year Member

It won't hurt at most of the school, but yes, it will hurt for schools that require the DO LOR. Do you live within driving distance of a COM?

4. GregOdensKnee

GregOdensKnee

Mar 16, 2017
    Western - Lebanon is within driving distance for me, but as I understand it their first class is still in residency.

This is my DO school list, non of which require DO letters:
    RVU
    KCU
    DMU
    UNE
    NOVA
    Western - Lebanon
    PNWU
    MU
    CCOM
    AZCOM (Unsure)

Thanks for the response

5. zukunft195

zukunft195 Banned Banned Account on Hold

Apr 27, 2017
    I hope you're gunning for low-tier MDs and that the DOs are just back-ups.