Applying during a 1.5 year program

Started by pazan
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pazan

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm planning on applying to Mt. Sinai's Prep-Med program. It's a Master's program in biomed that takes 1.5 years to complete and is research-intensive. I wanted to get people's opinions of applying to med school during the course of the program (I'd send in AMCAS early summer of next cycle and enroll in Prep-Med for the fall semester). Is it feasible to schedule interviews while handling interviews/a full-time research project? Also, is finishing in 3 semesters (fall, spring, summer) then starting med school the following fall realistic or even possible?

Thanks for any advice.