Applying early vs retaking DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bakes

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, so ive taken the DAT twice. The second time i felt like i was much more prepared. My score break downs are as follows....

1st 2nd
PAT-17 18
RC- 21 17
QR- 15 15
BIO- 18 21
GC- 15 16
OC- 19 20
TS- 17 19
AA- 18 18

GPA-3.18
Ive posted this on the DAT discussion and people tell me that i should still apply but to make sure that i apply early and to alot of schools. I was just wondering if i should hold off applying and retaking it in AGAIN in 3 months. The earliest i could take the test would be Aug. 22nd. So i was just curious what your opinions are? Apply early and hope, or apply later with a retake?
thanks for the feedback, this situation has been stressing me out very badly...

Members don't see this ad.

Lot of schools will cut you directly because of your scores. I am unsure about that. Disregarding that scenario -
I would apply anyways, re-take DATs because you will need high DAT to counter that GPA and send them your new and highly improved scores ASAP. Best!

If you place your old scores on AADSAS with the new intended date and then wait to have your official scores sent by the ADA will school still reject you without official scores or will they wait to review your completed application once your score arrive?

If you place your old scores on AADSAS with the new intended date and then wait to have your official scores sent by the ADA will school still reject you without official scores or will they wait to review your completed application once your score arrive?

Best thing to do is call and ask individual schools. Also make sure to ask them if they pick the lastest or the highest DAT score or if they mix/match scores. GL:thumbup: