Applying early

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hokiedds

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just wanted an opinion on my chances applying a year early to dental school. My gpa is a 3.8 and my DAT is 20/20/19. I have loads of volunteer and clinical experience(i worked as a dental assistant for 2 years). Thanks for the input.

Members don't see this ad.

I think youre good to go...no worries!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, go for it. Just make sure you have all the pre-reqs done before you start d-school...

ItsGavinC said:
I think your chances are great. You might as well apply and see what happens!

if that's yoru science GPA and you don't blow your overall application and interviews you should be cool

Welcome to SDN! Oh, and I would still get your application out early. As others have mentioned, you are golden and will be able to pick between programs (granted you're not a total fry and bomb the interviews). Best of luck!

not to rain on the mood, but just a reminder not to get overconfident and apply to only a few schools! I have stats a lot like yours, applied may 19, and only got into 3 of the 4 places I applied. And I was lucky to get into the third one, as I was one of the last people chosen. I do not think i completely bombed the interviews, though they probably weren't the strongest part of the application. Anyways good luck and you have a great chance just remember you never can tell with dental schools and make sure to apply to at least 5+.