applying early

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcsingh23

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
my fellow pre-opt students, i was looking through the threads and didn't find much information about early assurance programs or applying early in general to optometry schools. hopefully this hasn't been posted anywhere else but nonetheless i would like to know more about about applying early to optometry school or if anyone has actually applied early (as in junior year of college) and what their stats were. I know a lot of schools don't like students that apply w/o atleast a bachelors degree...

Members don't see this ad.

my fellow pre-opt students, i was looking through the threads and didn't find much information about early assurance programs or applying early in general to optometry schools. hopefully this hasn't been posted anywhere else but nonetheless i would like to know more about about applying early to optometry school or if anyone has actually applied early (as in junior year of college) and what their stats were. I know a lot of schools don't like students that apply w/o atleast a bachelors degree...

You should check with the schools themselves. Many schools had talked about abandoning the early assurance type of applications when I was in school more than 10 years ago. Last I heard, most of them had though I can't speak with any authority on that.

You should just apply as early as you can the year before you want to matriculate.