Applying Early

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mknemati

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What kind of a difference/advantage can it make if you apply early having a lower GPA? (3.2-3.3)
I wanted to take my time so when I do apply I will have the best chance of getting in the first time. (May-early June)
Your advice is appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Just apply early!
December 1st acceptances take a lot of stress off of you.

applying early helps, but since ur gpa is on the lower end...i hope u have strong DAT scores to back it up

Members don't see this ad :)
What kind of a difference/advantage can it make if you apply early having a lower GPA? (3.2-3.3)
I wanted to take my time so when I do apply I will have the best chance of getting in the first time. (May-early June)

If you apply early you certainly improve your chances of gaining acceptance. I got accepted in Dec 1st and boy was that a relief! If your GPA is on the lower end, if you can get a good DAT score, your chances will be improved. Please APPLY EARLY!!!

Good luck!

Reduce your regrets. The future comes slower.

I had a similar GPA and applied late september (submitted). But, I did well on the DAT. I only applied so late b/c my original plan was to take a year off--but t hen I changed my mind after doing well on the DAT @ the end of august. It really depends on your DAT score.

BUT, if I could go back and do it again I would have applied AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. I had to wait until tis month to hear of 2 acceptances when people had multiple acceptances by Dec 1st. It really is stressful and makes you grow a lot of gray hairs.Especially with our low GPAs there is NO guarantee. Also, i Think i may have had a chance at some schools I got rejected from if I had applied in the early batch if files that were reviewed. There is "less" competition in some way for schools that read things on a rolling admissions basis.
Good luck!

Applying early is not a good substitute for mediocre stats.

I had my app finished in Aug, and I still feel as though that was too late. Apply on the very FIRST day and your chance will be increased big time!

There must a school out there that places more emphasis on the postmark date than on academic achievement.

I had a similar GPA and applied late september (submitted). But, I did well on the DAT. I only applied so late b/c my original plan was to take a year off--but t hen I changed my mind after doing well on the DAT @ the end of august. It really depends on your DAT score.

BUT, if I could go back and do it again I would have applied AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. I had to wait until tis month to hear of 2 acceptances when people had multiple acceptances by Dec 1st. It really is stressful and makes you grow a lot of gray hairs.Especially with our low GPAs there is NO guarantee. Also, i Think i may have had a chance at some schools I got rejected from if I had applied in the early batch if files that were reviewed. There is "less" competition in some way for schools that read things on a rolling admissions basis.
Good luck!

Do you mind sharing your DAT scores? Where did you get accepted?