1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Applying for 2008 application for pharmacy school

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by BigKimchi, Mar 22, 2007.

1. BigKimchi

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hi, I have been researching on how and when to apply to pharmacy school.
    This might be a dumb question but I am just wondering when you would apply to pharmacy and if im in a situation where I should apply for entering class of '08.

By this summer 2007, I would have
    General Chem 1 & 2
    Microbiogy
    Calculus
    Macroeconomics, Com 102, main general ed
    Biol 196(1)
    Biol 197(2) - I would have 197 done If go on vacation this summer, if not then I then would have Ochem 1 and 2 done instead.

With these pre-reqs done, is a good idea to apply to schools with only these classes done just to see what happens or should I just wait until I get more pre-reqs done and make myself a more rounded student for the next application pool. I will have the all pre-reqs done by Spring 08

my current gpa is 3.65, current trend in pre-reqs atm is 3.3-3.5 and no pcat

Any feedback would help, im just stuck in a strange predicament right now and I need some experience from the experienced. thanks
    :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. emkobiet

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    i would suggest you to try to take the pcat over the summer and see how you do on it first. if you do well, then go ahead and apply. try to get some pharmacy experience as well. good luck.

4. Dr.Biassi

2+ Year Member

Post Doc
    As emkobiet said try to take the PCAt and if you do well and you are sure you will finish up all of the prerequisites by may 2008 you can apply to pharmacy schools. pharmcas will put up the 2008 entrance application later in june. So you can start from there. Your GPA is good enough. Keep it up

5. PossiblyCrazy

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Hey good luck. The earlier the better. I agree, get the PCAT done and see where you are. Also, many schools like to see how you do in Organic I first before making a decision. I would try to get Organic I done over the summer.

6. BigKimchi

Pre-Pharmacy
    oh ok, thanks for the replies that sounds helpful
    So I will take the pcat and see how I do, I guess that is going to be my determing factor in deciding.

Just curious
    Even if I do bad on the PCAT, is it worth applying to schools that have no pcat requirements and see if I am even able to get an interview? I feel like I should grab every chance I can get to get in or is it just a waste of money and time

for my current situation.

Thanks, :)

7. Idesiretosling

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    If you have good extracurricular activities and a solid volunteer background along with your GPA I would say apply to some schools that do not require PCAT. I would ace OChem this summer, the schools will like that!

8. BigKimchi

Pre-Pharmacy
    Thanks for the reply
    Found out I got a pretty good professor for ochem in the summer ;)