Applying for 2012!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

youngnflyy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so since the semester is winding down, and the aamcas for 07-08 will be up within the next few days, who else here will be applying for the class of 2012?

Members don't see this ad.

count me in!

i'm excited/nervous to get this year long process started...

I definitely feel ya. I'm just ready to get it going and over with!

Members don't see this ad :)
good luck filling out AMCAS everyone. hopefully i'll be able to start after finals are finished...

considering applying...i am leaning towards PA school now..I need to make up my mind...hmmm...what to do, what to do?

Once again Im back in the AMCAS

I am so excited about applying to med schools!! waited so long... :D

meeeeeeeeee ... my application is pretty much done... I just need to work on that personal statement :scared:

I am with you! Good luck!

I echo the other statements....I have waited all year for this...Good luck to everyone

Members don't see this ad :)
Medicine has been waiting for me since the day I was born. Class of 2012 get ready because it's time to make some changes!

Well, I am applying this cycle... but if this MSTP thing works out, I will more likely graduate with the class of 2015... or 2016.... or 2017... :eek: :smuggrin: .

I'll probably wait until my MCAT results before submitting my application (just took it yesterday), but I hope to be applying for 2008 admission.

Class of 2012, here I come!

I'm in there....ps is kicking my in the face right now :mad:

I'm applying for 2008 also... waiting to submit once I get my MCAT scores, which I'll get at the end of June, but more importantly, waiting until my PS is finished. Writing my PS feels like the hardest thing on earth right now!

Okay... I decided that I will ALSO be applying this applicant season!!! I'm taking the MCAT in less than 2 weeks, while trying to stay afloat in this summer program... we'll see how it goes.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Hey guys, Good luck to you all....I'm also applying for 2008 as well...hope we all get in.

Ok, so how are the AMCAS and/or AACOMAS applications coming along?:confused:

Hope everyone is still on top of things.:thumbup:

Good Luck in the process!!!!:luck:

Ok, so how are the AMCAS and/or AACOMAS applications coming along?:confused:

Hope everyone is still on top of things.:thumbup:

Good Luck in the process!!!!:luck:

i submitted AMCAS on June 5th, was verified on June 7th.

all my reccs are in, and now i'm waiting on secondaries...

you are on the ball! :thumbup: ... i'm working on my ps...my personal deadline is to have it done and submit my app by the end of next week

HA! I *wish* I was on top of things like you are... Transcripts are in, recs are in, MCAT scores come in June 27th,... But my personal statement is such a struggle right now. I have most of the basic ideas written down, but it sounds like 10th grade English, and I'm a perfectionist, so... it'll be a while.

Hoping to submit by June 30th and maybe give myself a July 4th extension if necessary. *maybe*

My friends, wutwinb is the model URM applicant right now. I have no idea what her stats are, but when she applies, regardless of her stats (to a certain extent) she will get a ton an interviews. This is the big secret; if you apply and are complete this early, this process is MUCH MUCH less of a crapshoot than if you are complete in October. I know its hard to get stuff done, but I encourage everyone to save their time, money, and sleepless nights by simply applying early, giving themselves a peace of mind.

Hi everyone,

I'm new here but it's great to see such a strong community. I just submitted by AMCAS (although I'm still waiting for 1 transcript to be received) and working on the few secondaries that are already posted.

Good luck to everyone! I'm sure I'll be talking to you all very soon :)

Hi everyone,

I'm new here but it's great to see such a strong community. I just submitted by AMCAS (although I'm still waiting for 1 transcript to be received) and working on the few secondaries that are already posted.

Good luck to everyone! I'm sure I'll be talking to you all very soon :)
Good work QTCL13. Make sure that your turn around time for the secondaries is no longer than 2 weeks. This is prevent you from procrastination, which is so easy to do with those dreadful things.

hey

What is early??

I have submitted my application to both AMCAS and AACOMAS...AACOMAS posted that they received my transcripts...but AMCAS still has not...they were sent on the same day...how long does it take for AMCAS to acknowledge and verify transcripts...and am I still considered early??

Mel:)

When I applied, I submitted my AMCAS app like June 15, and it took my app 3 1/2 to get verified. My friend submitted hers on June 22, and it took her 5 weeks to get verified. It all depends on when the rush of received transcripts and submitted AMCAS apps begins. If you are caught in the middle, it can take up to 5 weeks. But if you have yours in my now and are just waiting for verification, you are certainly doing alright and are pretty early.

im in. got my amcas in already

im in. got my amcas in already

that's great! ... I didn't meet my personal deadline of getting my PS done this weekend :rolleyes: .... but I WILL complete it by the 4th. Since I have the day off I'm gonna devote the entire day to writing...I just have to make sure I get all my work done for my jobs today and tomorrow so that I can completely focus on it

Count me in! Let's get out there and become future doctors!! :clap:

got my first interview invite!! it's not until September, but still exciting!

congratulations!!! what school???? I hope you get many more!!!

congratulations!!! what school???? I hope you get many more!!!

University of Pittsburgh! it must be an auto invite or something, because they haven't received my reccs yet. good luck to you as well!

University of Pittsburgh! it must be an auto invite or something, because they haven't received my reccs yet. good luck to you as well!

Might be an "auto invite" but it's an invite so congratulations! It's one step closer to your goal. Pittsburgh is an interesting town with some nice areas; hope you enjoy winters. :eek:

My guess is that none of your LORs are going to say that you are an "axe murderer" so your invite is far from automatic. Congratulations!

The games have begun. Much luck and good vibes to those who enter the ring this year!

hiya!!

I don't think any invite in an "auto" invite.... so congratulations!!!!

Count me in guys.:thumbup:

Also, Does anyone know how MeHarry managed send me the secondary app email when my AMCAS is yet to be verified?

Well I'm not complaining just curious.

AMCAS submitted today. *gulp*

I'm in. Submitted a couple of days ago. Good luck to all.

hiya!! YAAAY I am finally completely verified at AMCAS and AACOMAS...it happened friday late afternoon.... now I just have to get these secondaries in...this isn't as easy as I thought.... I am taking physics II...(even though I already took the MCATs :)) and working full time in the ER....so there is such little time...but I have eight of them on my desk...my goal is to have them all completed by friday...because I am sure I am going to get more this week with the AMCAs verification...my LOR's and pre-health committee letter are being sent this week too...oooh...so it begins!!!

Applying for 2012 also guys! I am going to submit my AMCAS tomorrow or Friday (waiting on the last transcript)!

Congrats on Pitt! From my experience last cycle, Pitt tends to have a very fast interview turn around. Both my friend and I got the invites the day after we submitted our secondaries, which was in early Nov. I believe it says in the MSAR that Pitt pre screens, so they may narrow down who they want to send secondaries to, but in any case, congrats on the interview!

Just received my MCAT. Ready now to get this show on the road and apply for 2012!

good luck with your applications...

I have soo many secondaries on my desk...this is the weekend I need to send them all off!!!

oooh sooo nervous!!!
Has anyone received the howard secondary?? I have meharry and morehouse and others... but not howard and I was just curious!!

good luck with your applications...

I have soo many secondaries on my desk...this is the weekend I need to send them all off!!!

oooh sooo nervous!!!
Has anyone received the howard secondary?? I have meharry and morehouse and others... but not howard and I was just curious!!

i haven't received howard's either, don't think anyone has. from lasts year's posts, it looks like howard's secondary doesn't have any essays, so hopefully it won't take too long to do.