applying for 2015 fall cycle! any ideas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hopefulfella

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,
Just wanted to see where I stand with my current stats.
Rutgers, NB ( BS in exercise science, kinesiology)
overall gpa: ~3.45 (recalculated after retaking pre-req classes)
pre-req gpa: currently 3.25 but hopefully 3.48 (retaking two classes right now, w 2A's I can get up to 3.48)
GRE: 153V, 156Q, 4A/W
Hours: ~500hours (inpatient/outpatient)
Anatomy lab TA
currently working as a rehab assistant at kessler inpatient institute
I think really good 3 recommendation letters (2 from PT's and 1 from a professor in major)

low gpa and retaken classes are what worries me the most. I didn't take college too serious my first two and a half years which included 6 of my prereqs...I actually retook 4 class and now retaking 2 more. Before retaking all those classes my pre-req gpa used to be 2.78. pretty bad i know... for last 3 semesters I got over 3.7gpa taking 18-21 credits for every semester. Hopefully they'll take that into consideration too.

I am looking at about 15 schools maybe even more. Mostly schools that take the higher grade. Any suggestions?
I did hours of my own research but more opinions wouldn't hurt, ya know 🙂

anyways thanks guys and good luck to you all future PTs