Applying for college question

Monkey.King

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my school says that everyone has to apply to their college list on the deadline of sometime in September. My transcript isn't looking too good so I planned on going to a community college, but it's mandatory that we have to apply to at least 3 colleges in order to graduate. I picked 3 state schools I feel the most comfortable applying too, and I would attend if I got accepted, if not, I'm sticking to my original community college route. I also don't want to waste my money applying to some random schools I have no interest in attending even through the community college transfer route.

But the thing is, I want to include as much as my senior year as I can, and only then would I feel comfortable applying to these schools. All 3 deadlines is January , which is a semester worth of grades. I know it's not going to have any impact on my GPA, but the grades will still be there. I'm hoping that along with my essay and SAT scores, I would at least have a chance. But that's not important.

So my question is the following.

Say theoretically, I applied to these 3 schools in , and they sent me secondaries and I just ignored them, what would happen if I applied again? Or if I called the individual schools and explain my situation? Im also asking this because my advisory teacher told me schools will send you secondaries just to take your money, even if they have no intention of accepting you.

Members don't see this ad.

it's mandatory that we have to apply to at least 3 colleges in order to graduate
This is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Your high school should not force you to apply to college. You should do with your life what you want. With that in mind, I would think of talking to your school to see if this is really a requirement if you plan to go to community college.
Good luck.

This is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Your high school should not force you to apply to college. You should do with your life what you want. With that in mind, I would think of talking to your school to see if this is really a requirement if you plan to go to community college.
Good luck.
My school requires that we get accepted into a 4-year college lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's one odd requisite. If you don't mind me asking; private or public? I'd be hard-pressed to assume it could be anything other than private, haha.

This has more to do with administrators wanting to look good than actual care for the future of students.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

That's one odd requisite. If you don't mind me asking; private or public? I'd be hard-pressed to assume it could be anything other than private, haha.
yep private
This has more to do with administrators wanting to look good than actual care for the future of students.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Absolutely. Marketing team loves bragging about a 100 percent college acceptance rate.

I ask this in earnest... Colleges and universities are now sending out secondary apps for admission? How common is this?

I applied to about 10ish undergraduate universities in 2011 in my area and not-a-one required a secondary for admission. Got accepted to 8.