applying for Fall 07!

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ma1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am planning on applying for the Fall 07 entering class (class of 2011). When should I take the OAT? Since the new version is computerized and you can only take it once every 90 days, i can sign up for any date. When is everyone else taking it? Any recommendations/advice? Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Ma1 said:
Hi everyone,
I am planning on applying for the Fall 07 entering class (class of 2011). When should I take the OAT? Since the new version is computerized and you can only take it once every 90 days, i can sign up for any date. When is everyone else taking it? Any recommendations/advice? Thanks! :)
Hey - my recommendation is you wait till after you've completed a good amount of physics (and of course gen chem, organic, and gen bio). Physiology and genetics would probably also be helpful before taking the exam. For more info, you can visit the other optometry board about OAT-related items. Good luck!

Ma1 said:
Hi everyone,

I took the test in the summer when I had lots of time to prepare for it. Just take the test when you feel you can devote enough time to study for it and allow yourself some time to be able to re-take it again if needed.

Members don't see this ad :)
i would leave myself at least 2 full months of good studying before taking the exam (and when i say good studying, i mean at least 1-2 hours of review every weekday). good luck! :)

Ma1 said:
Hi everyone,

thanks so much for the feedback everyoNE! :)

I'm applying for Fall 2007 too and I'll be taking the OAT sometime, and allowing for retakes, between mid-June through late-September of this year. It is always best to have your application complete, and that means the schools have recieved your OAT scores and all other materials too, when the application period opens (begins on Sept 1st for most Opt schools)or within a month or two after it opens.