Applying for Fall 2010 :x...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Minun

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm kinda new to these forums, was browsing all the helpful materials being posted and was wondering about when to apply to NOVA for pharmacy school and any little bit of information would be alot of help...

Currently I am finishing up my sophomore year of college and preparing for the application is nervewrecking :scared:. I'm abit confused as to when I need to have everything (prereqs, LORs, pcat, etc) completed by in order to be considered for Fall 2010. I have a general idea as to what i need in the application but when would be the optimal time to apply to Pharmcas and submit everything by? I'm hearing my file must be submitted by Spring 2009, others say i have until the Fall of 2009. Nova's website states all materials must be turned in by Jan. 1.

Also, the 3 LORs needed for NOVA - is that 3 = 1 from a commitee, 1 from a liberal arts professor, and 1 from a pharmacist? or 2 from science professors, and 1 from a liberal arts professor, with a letter from a pharmacist recommended. I'm torn between using the prehealth committee or just gathering three of my best professors to write me LORs. Which would be the way to go?

Gratz to all those that have already been accepted. As for me, well, trying to make a start:oops: Sorry for the wall of text but any and all help, insight, and guidance would be greatly appreciated <3

Members don't see this ad.

Welcome! Since you are finishing up your sophomore year now does that mean that you have your prereq's done already or will be done soon? Why did you not apply for 2008? Why are you not applying for 2009? Guess I'm just confused on why you feel the need to wait until 2010. If you are going to be done with your prereq's this year then there really isn't a reason to wait. You have to check with your school for deadlines because some schools have quite early deadlines such as October of the year before (like for starting in 2009 it would be october 2008) and some have later deadlines like January (so january 2009 for beginning 2009). And others still have mixed deadlines. I don't personally know anything about Nova but I'm sure there are others who do. Just wondering though why you are waiting till 2010?

Hey guys, I'm kinda new to these forums, was browsing all the helpful materials being posted and was wondering about when to apply to NOVA for pharmacy school and any little bit of information would be alot of help...

Currently I am finishing up my sophomore year of college and preparing for the application is nervewrecking :scared:. I'm abit confused as to when I need to have everything (prereqs, LORs, pcat, etc) completed by in order to be considered for Fall 2010. I have a general idea as to what i need in the application but when would be the optimal time to apply to Pharmcas and submit everything by? I'm hearing my file must be submitted by Spring 2009, others say i have until the Fall of 2009. Nova's website states all materials must be turned in by Jan. 1.

Also, the 3 LORs needed for NOVA - is that 3 = 1 from a commitee, 1 from a liberal arts professor, and 1 from a pharmacist? or 2 from science professors, and 1 from a liberal arts professor, with a letter from a pharmacist recommended. I'm torn between using the prehealth committee or just gathering three of my best professors to write me LORs. Which would be the way to go?

Gratz to all those that have already been accepted. As for me, well, trying to make a start:oops: Sorry for the wall of text but any and all help, insight, and guidance would be greatly appreciated <3

Members don't see this ad :)
heya, the reason I'm waiting is because I'm not quite done yet with all the prereqs and it'll take the whole of my third year to complete them. By that time it would be Spring 09 and even though I will be finished with all the prereqs I'm not sure if I should continue on with the B.S. Bio degree or just apply, so I really don't know which option, whether to jump in and apply or wait until I finish my degree, would be better.

I'm in a similar situation. Finishing up my Sophomore year, will be done with orgo I and II by the end of this summer. I will take Physics 1 Fall 08 Physics II Spring 08 w/ anatomy and physiology. I just don't know if I should apply Fall '09 or just finish with my Bachelors and finish in '10? Is there any advantages with having a Bachelors degree and applying for pharm schools?

If you all will be done with your prereqs by Spring/Summer 09, you should apply for Fall 09, no harm to try. The application for PharmCAS opens June 1, 2008 for the 09 cycle. Tip for Nova, apply early. I completed pharmcas at the end of July and received an October interview date. As for the recommendation letters, I had 2 science profs and 1 pharmacist and heard no complaints during the interview.