Optometry Applying for Optometry School with academic misconduct NOT on transcript

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When i first started college, i did not really care about it. I had no goals in mind and was just attending college because it was expected of me. During summer of my sophomore year applied to be a guest student at a different university and took one class there. I have no excuses for my actions, but i was caught cheating and received an academic misconduct. I withdrew from the course and retook the class at my normal university and aced it and i never transferred the class. This served as a wake up call for me and i began to focus in undergrad and applied and worked as a student researcher for the remaining two years.

I wanted to look at how my transcript looked from the university I had an academic misconduct at received advice but it did not mention anything and after talking to several counselors and making my way up the chain of command. I found out that it is in a different record, not part of my transcript. The counselor there told me that since it's not part of my transcript I should only mention it if optometry schools ask for my academic history. I looked online and I am not sure what to do. Honestly I feel like I will not get into school with this on my application. Any advice will be helpful. Thank you

1) Academic misconducts are never included or noted on a transcript.
2) You must disclose any academic misconducts whenever prompted. If you withhold this information and it is later discovered that you had an academic misconduct, you will more likely be excluded. It is part of the agreement when you sign up in OptoCAS and is an expectation for professional conduct for applicants that all health professions programs have. I'm sure that you will be prompted on the OptoCAS form and on any supplemental applications you will receive.
3) Work with your student judicial board administrator for guidance on how to properly disclose your infraction and followup remediation.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.