applying for post bacc programs and need advice

Started by esmchris87
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

esmchris87

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey everyone! I'm a musician at a major music conservatory, i'm a senior in the fall, and i recently decided to go into medicine. I am looking at Penn State, Columbia, Johns Hopkins and University of Virginia post bacc programs. I have a 3.61 gpa and i am taking calculus in the fall (though i did withdraw from it last semester due to scheduling issues, so it says W on my transcript though i am taking it again for an actual grade b/c now it should work out). If anyone goes to any of these programs, I would really appreciate advice. I'm alright when it comes to chem and bio but physics kills me. Do you think that W will prevent me from getting into any programs, even though i am taking the course in the fall? I'm a very hard worker and i want to become a doctor more than anyone else I know. any advice would be appreciated. thanks!