gujudentist

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
hey guys,

im a third year dental student and ive been posting/reading up a lot about residency (particularly oral sx as its what im applying for) and was curious to see what i should be doing between now and june when i apply through PASS.

I'm a control-freak and after a few months of a lot of CV tailoring/applications for externships etc, Ive been in a lull just doing the routine school stuff.

What should I be doing in terms of getting my app ready? when should i start asking for recommendation letters; how many externships should i do and is it alright if i do it after PASS (presently im doing 2 in december/january).

thanks.

jk5177

Just Kidding
15+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2004
Oregon
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
If you don't get enough response from your post, I suggest you do a search on this topic - there's a treasure trove.

rarm1

10+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2005
delaware
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
hey guys,

im a third year dental student and ive been posting/reading up a lot about residency (particularly oral sx as its what im applying for) and was curious to see what i should be doing between now and june when i apply through PASS.

I'm a control-freak and after a few months of a lot of CV tailoring/applications for externships etc, Ive been in a lull just doing the routine school stuff.

What should I be doing in terms of getting my app ready? when should i start asking for recommendation letters; how many externships should i do and is it alright if i do it after PASS (presently im doing 2 in december/january).

thanks.

There is a thread on the dental forum on the top.... why a residency.
that should help

any other questions just ask me, i will try to help

gujudentist

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Thanks for the responses. I did a search and got some good info. Thanks again!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads