applying for residency: 6 month checklist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gujudentist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

im a third year dental student and ive been posting/reading up a lot about residency (particularly oral sx as its what im applying for) and was curious to see what i should be doing between now and june when i apply through PASS.

I'm a control-freak and after a few months of a lot of CV tailoring/applications for externships etc, Ive been in a lull just doing the routine school stuff.

What should I be doing in terms of getting my app ready? when should i start asking for recommendation letters; how many externships should i do and is it alright if i do it after PASS (presently im doing 2 in december/january).

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

If you don't get enough response from your post, I suggest you do a search on this topic - there's a treasure trove.

hey guys,

im a third year dental student and ive been posting/reading up a lot about residency (particularly oral sx as its what im applying for) and was curious to see what i should be doing between now and june when i apply through PASS.

I'm a control-freak and after a few months of a lot of CV tailoring/applications for externships etc, Ive been in a lull just doing the routine school stuff.

What should I be doing in terms of getting my app ready? when should i start asking for recommendation letters; how many externships should i do and is it alright if i do it after PASS (presently im doing 2 in december/january).

thanks.

There is a thread on the dental forum on the top.... why a residency.
that should help

any other questions just ask me, i will try to help

Thanks for the responses. I did a search and got some good info. Thanks again!