Applying help pls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dienepredent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So many questions!! I apologize if these things have already been addressed elsewhere.

Okay for starters, 1) What is considered "early?" And what makes your application "complete?" My LORs for example won't all be in until the end of the summer. Or does it have to do with DAT score/transcripts/etc?

2) How the heck do I use interfolio? Will it make more sense when the AADSAS application opens up in June? I made an account but I'm not 100% sure how it works or how I get my professors to upload to it. /get it to connect to the dental app.

3) Where should I apply? I have read forums about out-of-state friendly/unfriendly schools so that helps a bit. I am a FL resident., 3.79 gpa, 21 AA, 22 TS, 18 PAT, ~70 hours shadowing, was a research assistant for a semester (did not do any of my own research it was mainly cell culturing for the other experiments in the lab), ~168 hours volunteering at a dental clinic, ~60 hours other volunteering.

After the 3 in-state choices I am at a loss for where else to venture. What is important to me in a school is good clinical experience. In the end, that is what will make me a competent dentist :)

Any help/input on any of these three questions is appreciated! :D
THANK YOU KIND PEOPLE OF SDN.

Members don't see this ad.

Check the AADSAS FAQs in my signature, and search for the "first batch hullabaloo" thread. :)

Check the AADSAS FAQs in my signature, and search for the "first batch hullabaloo" thread. :)

That was one of the most helpful links ever, thank you glimmer :) This is why you're sdn famous haha.
Now I just have to figure out a list of schools that would work for me :/