Applying in senior year vs taking gap year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alex1991

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I submitted my AMCAS application and got verified with 127 undergraduate credits (from both my AA in general studies and AS in radiography, non traditional student here). I finished all my pre-reqs including biochem and genetics.
I put on my application that I will graduate in May 2020 with BS in Biology. The thing here is my school requires 45 credits of upper division and I will be short 30 credits after this summer semester. I plan to take 15 credits in Fall and 15 in Spring.
Just wondering if medical schools would look at you differently if you haven't finish your bachelor before applying. One of the school I'm applying to stated that they would require a bachelor before admission. Does this mean bachelor before medical school starts or before giving me acceptance (If)?
The reason why I applied because i didn't think i can improve my resume much more. I took my MCAT and my cumulative GPA is 3.98 (verified).
I'm also working working full time in the hospital so between working full time and school full time, I don't think i can do any extra extracurricular activities in this senior year.
Did i shoot myself in the foot for risking my chances of getting accepted and being a reapplication for next cycle?
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

You can apply without degree; you need degree before matriculation; traditionally most people apply after junior year
Do medical schools think less of your application? Or they will just look at GPA, mcat and extra curricular, clinical/non-clinical experience?