Applying in the Summer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GATTACA CTAATGT

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For rolling admissions schools, does it matter if you apply in June or July since PharmCAS sends out the applications in August? Reason I am asking is because I want to include any additional work experience I will acquire during the summer on my application. My other option is to submit my application in June and later on let the schools know about my additional work experience during the summer.

Members don't see this ad.

I would include it if you E-Submit in June. As long as you know you're definitely going to be working there, I don't see a problem with putting it down.

Submitting early generally means that you application will be looked at earlier and you will get an interview earlier.

PharmCAS only lets you update fall grades after you submit, so adding extra work experience isn't a possibility. I say submit later when you have the extra experience to enhance your app. Submitting that early puts you way ahead of most people so your application will get through a lot quicker and you'll still be way ahead of the deadline. PharmCAS sends apps out in batches, so more or less they send out everyone who submitted before August at once. At least that's what it seemed like for people I talked to.