Applying "late" to aacomas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caronirona

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning on getting my app verified in June by applying to one "fake" school, and then sending my app out to all of the rest of the schools in late July after my summer grades are updated. My question is, how can they see my updated transcripts? Do I send it out directly to each school? How do I let them know that I am sending them my transcript? Or do I have to wait until the update period for AACOMAS?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I thought you could only do a throwaway school if your MCAT is delayed. Had no idea about this. Following to know as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those that are interested... This is what I found on the AACOMAS website. Still kind of confused... so if you go ahead and list your summer classes as "in progress" and then submit your app to be verified, you can then send your updated transcripts to the schools directly. However, I assume this means that they won't see the updated GPA, they will just see the grades you got. I'm not sure how helpful it will be then, especially if you are right on a GPA cutoff line. @Goro for any advice you can share. Thanks!

"Q: I have received my final grades for current courses, but transcripts are not yet available. Should I wait to submit the application until AACOMAS receives the updated transcript?
A: You have two choices in this case:

1) You may list your current courses as completed on your online application, and wait to submit your application until AACOMAS has received the updated transcript, which will cause a delay in your application. Please note that once all materials have been received, it may take four weeks for your application to be verified. AACOMAS recommends that all information arrive at AACOMAS at least four weeks prior to your earliest deadline.

2) You may leave the course listed as in-progress on your AACOMAS application and submit your application. In this case, you would send the transcripts with only the completed courses to AACOMAS and, once the in-progress courses are complete, either update your information during one of the Academic Update periods or send updated transcripts directly to the schools to which you are applying. This would avoid a delay in your application, and this is not an uncommon practice."

Reactions: 1 user